Teamviewer

Teamviewer

Author
Simon Davies
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)Forum Sage (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello. Since LogMeIn wanted money, I have switched to Teamviewer.

Do you think it would be OK to be installed onto a playout machine? 

Thanks
Simon.
Andy Read
Andy Read
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)

I wouldn't. Bandwidth being as it is at our place :-)

I don't think remote access should be granted to a live on air system.

Andy Read
Hospital Radio Bedside - Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)

Hi,

I put TeamViewer on our Myriad server & two playout PC's without any problems. Only two of us have the password. Depending on your audio card setup, you can hear the audio from your Myriad PC as well, and you can copy & paste between host/client and client/host. Only snag is you need TeamViewer on every client PC you might use to login. There is an option to 'run' the software without installing it, so it will work for example in an 'internet cafe'. I believe there is also a TeamViewer 'app'. It has worked really well so far.

Simon, let us know how you get on if you decide to use it.

Paul
Edited
10 Years Ago by Paul YHBS
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

I have installed TeamViewer on all our studio PC's, including the playout machine. It has worked flawlessly for months.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)

I can confirm, That I have been using Teamviewer for remote access to Servers, Playout machines, Encoder machines and Admin machines with little or no problems what so ever.

Jonathan Penn

Broadcast Radio Support Engineer
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Hi all,

I have gone over to Remote Utilities - Viewer rather than Teamviewer as it offers a 10 FREE business PC/Server licenses since LogMeIn started charging! If you want more simply set-up another account! It works on Windows and has iOS/Android appz. Works flawless for us even on the LIVE studio, no picture flicker or sound drop-out when needing to assist the LIVE presenter. If you do not instantly log out of the active remote machine your local viewer will give you an updating snapshot.

Overview
Remote Utilities® is highly configurable and secure remote desktop software for IT professionals. The program is ideal for network administration and remote support.

Remote Administration
Access and control multiple PCs from remote physical locations with 15 different connection modes. You can view screens remotely, send keystrokes, control the mouse pointer, transfer files and do any other operation just as if you were physically sitting in front of the remote PC.

Unattended Access
The remote service starts automatically and grants you unattended 24/7 access to remote workstations and servers in any location — whether it be another room in your office or a remote data center on the other side of the globe.

Power Control
Reboot a remote PC in normal or safe mode, shut it down, lock it or put it to sleep, all as if you were able to physically press the Power and Reset buttons.

Active Directory Support
Browse the Active Directory tree within the program in real time. No need to set up every remote computer — access Active Directory workstations and servers with one click using Windows credentials.

MSI Configuration and Deployment
Configure an MSI installer for further deployment across your local network or customize the remote Agent module with your logo and welcome text for attended support.

Firewall Bypass
Assist a remote customer or colleague instantly through a firewall bypass connection. No network configuration is necessary — connect from anywhere with just an ID and password.

Mobile Support
Access computers from anywhere using the free Viewer for Android and iOS. Stay in control of your remote PCs while on the road or out of the office.

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account