Better understanding the scheduler

Better understanding the scheduler

Author
radioactive
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help us out here. We are currently using Myriad v3.5.17 and having trouble working with the scheduler. We run a small college radio station but don't broadcast 24/7.

An incident happened yesterday where one show was left on autofade as the presenter had to leave early. Their show should have been the last of the day. At the end of the hour the system went on to play another scheduled show that was set to 'Auto' and not scheduled to play until next week!

I assumed as due to the scheduled show was set to start playing next week and was set to 'Auto' the system would just have stopped at the end of Auto-Fade and wouldn't start until the exact time as for saved scheduled show. (Hope this is making senseSmile)

Given that we don't broadcast 24-7 and shows are spread sporadically across a given week could someone please advice the best way to schedule these shows and how the scheduler should be left i.e. LIVE, AUTO, AUTOFADE. We only have one 'On-air' PC but obviously isn't on air 24-7 as we use this PC for teaching.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Darren
Radioactive Scotland
Andy Read
Andy Read
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)

Hi,

If there isn't any programming pushed to Myriad in between shows, maybe an absolute time marker would have stopped the future week playing.

I might have tried that.

Andy

Andy Read
Hospital Radio Bedside - Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne
radioactive
radioactive
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Hey Andy,

Thanks for getting back Smile. Just a couple of quick questions: -

1. Where can I find the absolute time marker?
2. Should the scheduler be left on LIVE, FADE or AUTOFADE.

Cheers
Darren
Adam James
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Darren,

An Absolute Time command can be added manually in the Myriad Log by right click or you can add it in the Clock for the show in Autotrack so it will always appear in the Log.

The clock should be set to Auto or Auto-Fade, if there is a time command then either will suffice. In Live mode you run the risk of things 'stopping' the Log playing.

Regards

Adam James
radioactive
radioactive
Forum Sage

Hi Adam, Andy

I was wondering if you could help me with the following problem. I have posted on a separate thread but no help so far.

We are having problems with our log system using Myriad v3.6. When we either import a saved cart list into the log or use Instant Track to start at a specific time the log seems to ignore the start time and line up the first track into the first available cart immediately.

I.e. Say we want a show to start at 2pm. The minute I hit On Air, then start the log, it will line up the first cart and change all the times. In the past, when I turned on the log it would say waiting for go but wouldn't line up the first track until 20 seconds before and then automatically play at the specified time. I have the scheduled log to start on either Auto or Auto Fade but really confused as to why it wont just start as when it should.

In the past I would add an empty hour just before the scheduled log and then turn it on. It would say 'Waiting to Go' but wouldn't start until it reached the scheduled time if set to Auto Fade or Auto. Now it just seems to ignore the scheduled time and begin playing.

Please help

Cheers

Darren
Edited
11 Years Ago by radioactive
radioactive
radioactive
Forum Sage

I have managed to sort the problem myself after much trial and error. I now need to insert an Absolute Time into the log as well as the 'hour from file' or 'hour from instant track'. I'm positive that earlier versions of Myriad automatically created an Absolute Time Log when adding new items to the log i.e. Hour from File or Hour from Instant Track as I have never had to manually insert it into the log.

I've also experienced less support for Myriad v3 from the forums since the release of Myriad 4 Doze
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search