Cart "dropped/deleted' - In preview Auto mode it plays?

Cart "dropped/deleted' - In preview Auto mode it plays?

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A little help required :-)

I have created show rules to play a category of music by style.  Upon scheduling it looks and plays fine.  The issue that I have is that a cart from the Audiowall is being manually inserted in to that show's log in Q-Nxt just after a jingle.  In "Preview Auto" mode the manually inserted track plays after the jingle but in 'Auto Fade On Air' mode it is being 'dropped/deleted'.  As the track is not scheduled by Auto-track but manually inserted I don't have the reason why.

Please can someone point me in the right direction for checking scheduling in the correct order.  What am I missing?
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

From another post:-

Settings > Database Settings > Playout Settings > (Playout System) > Scheduled Logs

?? Will give this a try
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Still can't work this out?

Is there a way of finding out how a CART is being dropped and why?  Is there a log file?

This cart is NOT in AutoTrack or scheduled, it is manually added to the log but keeps being dropped? 
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

.PLY log files, will these show why a song is deleted/dropped and how do you view them? .........  
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Well, seem to have fixed it, not the way I think it should have been done.  Scheduling by styles was the cause in the clock rules?

Auto Track scheduling by style,  this has now been removed from the clock rules and just leaves the category scheduling.  I have now forced the style in the clock and re-scheduled.  Upon adding a cart to the clock manually it's no longer being dropped?

Auto Track Pro v3.1.51
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

From the above I have also set carts not to autofade in the myriad playout options.  The only fadeable items are songs.  Links/Carts are now set not to fade.  This fixed the issue when inserting a cart (not programmed in auto-track) in to the q-nxt log.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search