SmoothEdit v1.0.8 now available

SmoothEdit v1.0.8 now available

Author
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi All,

For those users using SmoothEdit, we have just released v1.0.8 as a full release and it's available from the SmoothEdit area at http://support.psquared.net/products/smoothedit/v1.0/

If you need a username and password, please email sales@psquared.net giving your station details and license name.

As always if it aint' broke don't fix it, and as this is a brand new release, you might want to wait a short while just in case any issues have escaped our testing procedures!

Check the \"Update Information\" to see details of features / fixes.

Any questions, as always please post them here.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi forum users.

don't know if others have the problem but we're on 1.0.8 at epsom and have a problem with smoothedit. If i edit the file from the audiowall I can't play more than a tenth of second of the track, even if it mark a selection on the wave form. however if I press the edit/hide cart details section so I only see the wave form, it'll play it all ok. If during playback I unhide the cart details section, playback will stop. quite annoying as I can only set intro and extro points under scheduler.

Chris Spring

Epsom HR

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi Chris,

Could be a sound card issue - what card are you using and which drivers?

Out of interest, is there a reason you are using the standalone SmoothEdit rather than the one built into Myriad itself?

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We're using the built in smoothedit and the sound card is the echo mia. There are two edit cart options you can choose from the audio wall. Have't got Myriad in front of me but its the view where you have the waveform with the cart details above it. Press the toggle and I can use the player crontrols with no problem.

bit of a strange one.

Chris

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

In that case technically you're posting in the wrong area - this one is for the standalone version of SmoothEdit (i.e. v1.0.8) not the one built into Myriad (i.e.  v3.0.25 etc.) Smile

Have a look and see what Mia driver version you are running, and also make sure it's running in WDM mode not Purewave mode - this can cause the problem you are seeing. You can see details on how to do this via http://forum.psquared.net/Topic212-9-1.aspx

If you're still having trouble let us know what's the exact version of the Mia driver and what OS you are running on. The ideal one for older Mia's is 6.0.8 or 6.0.13, but if you are on an almost new one then you may be better going for 7.02 or 7.03

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search