Myriad v3.6.6 vs Windows 10

Myriad v3.6.6 vs Windows 10

Author
ollydowning
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hey all,

Recently updated a machine to Windows 10, and installed Myriad 3 and sad to report its running very slowly. It's better when run in compatibility mode (Windows 7) however still freezes and stops responding at certain points, usually when importing, navigating the log, moving/copying carts etc which makes it at times unusable.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to improve the performance? The machines are in themselves powerful, plenty of RAM and Xenon processors. They don't struggle with any other software, fortunately.

Thanks a lot,

Olly.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Olly,
Worth checking the antivirus exclusions have all been added - if you do a search on here there is a thread with all the ones you need to add, that will likely help a lot

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ollydowning
ollydowning
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, March 06, 2019 4:54:15 PM
Hi Olly,
Worth checking the antivirus exclusions have all been added - if you do a search on here there is a thread with all the ones you need to add, that will likely help a lot

Thanks for the suggestion Peter, I did as this article suggests http://forums.broadcastradio.com/3128/Antivirus-and-problems-with-MyriadScoop-pausing-periodically and its helped a little but still quite slow and unresponsive.

I'm using Defender on the machines and I've set the exclusions in the group policy (which have come through, i checked) but we have Norton installed on the file server. I have also set up the exclusions but it doesn't seem to like file types.

Will try to run it outside of compatibility move now I've made those changes and see if that helps,

Cheers!
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

ollydowning - Wednesday, March 06, 2019 5:57:31 PM
Hi Olly,

Thanks for the suggestion Peter, I did as this article suggests http://forums.broadcastradio.com/3128/Antivirus-and-problems-with-MyriadScoop-pausing-periodically and its helped a little but still quite slow and unresponsive.

I'm using Defender on the machines and I've set the exclusions in the group policy (which have come through, i checked) but we have Norton installed on the file server. I have also set up the exclusions but it doesn't seem to like file types.

Will try to run it outside of compatibility move now I've made those changes and see if that helps,

Cheers!
Hi Olly,
how old is the file server? We saw some network issues to do with name resolution on Win7 and Server 2003 - try using fixed IP addresses.
Update your network card drivers, and turn off power savings - also this for HDD.
With Norton, can you specify the folders to exclude (especially the one with the .mdb).
Finally, try a compact repair of the .mdb, especially if you have not done one in a while - use the emergency recovery utility (you'll need to come out of all software accessing it).

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
ollydowning
ollydowning
Forum Sage

David Boulton - Thursday, March 07, 2019 9:56:09 AM
Hi Olly,

Cheers!
Hi Olly,
how old is the file server? We saw some network issues to do with name resolution on Win7 and Server 2003 - try using fixed IP addresses.
Update your network card drivers, and turn off power savings - also this for HDD.
With Norton, can you specify the folders to exclude (especially the one with the .mdb).
Finally, try a compact repair of the .mdb, especially if you have not done one in a while - use the emergency recovery utility (you'll need to come out of all software accessing it).

Hey David,

File server is running windows 10 also, it has a static IP already. As far as I am aware the drivers are up to date but I will check this. It was installed recently so I would expect this to be the case. Modified the power settings as suggested thank you. I have added the directory exclusions in Norton but still getting a lot of lag and freezes. It varies as to when and where but noticeably when i drag a cart in to play. I will definitely try a compact and repair. Ill wait for everyone to go home before I do that ha!

Cheers,

Olly.
ollydowning
ollydowning
Forum Sage

David Boulton - Thursday, March 07, 2019 9:56:09 AM
Hi Olly,

Cheers!
Hi Olly,

Sadly, no luck! Are there any recommended database (or otherwise) settings I could alter to perhaps make it a bit smoother?

Thanks fellas Smile
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Not really I'm afraid, it's all by default pretty optimised - you could try disabling the antivirus + defender entirely just for a few minutes and see if that points the finger?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)

Hi

I was just wondering how you got Myriad 3 to run on Windows 10?

I spent today trying a clean built Windows 10 Pro 32 bit machine.

Myriad installed okay, but when I launched it, it showed the initial loading screen, then a message saying that I had 30 tries in evaluation mode, but then would not launch any further to a point where I could enter file locations, serial keys or anything.

According to task manager it was still running, but I was unable to end-task it.

I tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3, I also added a firewall exception to Windows defender.

Obviously it can run, albeit maybe a bit slowly, any pointers on how to get it to run?

Thanks
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

ollydowning
ollydowning
Forum Sage

Hey Andy,

We run on 64-bit Win 10 Pro so the 32-bit installation could be the problem you're running into. It runs really well to be honest, it's definitely showing its age with the occasional few second delays or freezes but other than that its as solid as you'd expect Myriad to be.

As far as the issues above, I actually can't remember what the cause of them was. I will have a think and let you know if I remember, but its quite possible it was either group policy (we used to be on a fairly heavily restricted AD) or some sort of anti-virus.

Happy to answer any other questions,

Olly.
Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)Forum Sage (8.2K reputation)

ollydowning - Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:17:32 PM
Hey Andy,

We run on 64-bit Win 10 Pro so the 32-bit installation could be the problem you're running into. It runs really well to be honest, it's definitely showing its age with the occasional few second delays or freezes but other than that its as solid as you'd expect Myriad to be.

As far as the issues above, I actually can't remember what the cause of them was. I will have a think and let you know if I remember, but its quite possible it was either group policy (we used to be on a fairly heavily restricted AD) or some sort of anti-virus.

Happy to answer any other questions,

Olly.

Thanks Olly

I will give 64 Bits a try next time I'm in.

Do you use the PCI1750 GPIO card too?

My understanding was that the 64Bit driver for that did not work with Myriad 3?

Thanks
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....