Starting Automation

Starting Automation

Author
hmburg
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, I suspect llke a lot of HR stations we have a playout machine in the studio and an automation machine when no live presenter is available. We have a presenter who, while she presents a good show, is finding it absolutely impossible to get her head around the fact that a couple if minutes before she finishes on the playout machine she needs to go to the automation machine, hit the HOME button, select Preview auto and on air  and at the top of the hour hit GO!
is there any form of script that can select the Preview auto button, the on air button and hit GO at a specific time?   Looking for a way to help her, as I said she is a good presenter and very keen but not at all technically minded!  
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
It's definitely worth asking this over on the Facebook group (if you're a FB user) as there are lots of users on there doing very similar things - I appreciate this may be a v4 question, but we've happy for v4 q's as well as v5 Smile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Myriad5/

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
My tip would be have Autotrack push out to a 2nd Myriad database.  Leave it running in Autofade 24/7 and that way the studio users don't need to touch it and anything they do won't cock it up.  Although any voicetrackers will need to switch station database to do so, but that's a trivial change.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search