Rebuilding Myriad especially Playout

Rebuilding Myriad especially Playout

Author
PeterESutton
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We are running with Myriad 4 (Playout) clients and a common SQL machine.
I wish to rebuild the whole setup.
Partly to to help me understand how everything should be working, partly to refresh hardware, partly to tidy up the machines and partly to prepare for any failure in the SQL server or the Myriad client computers that we may encounter.
I come from a computer / IT / programming background and not a radio background.

I have had my first bash at this and ended up with Playout running but all I could see was the library.
I ran a report on recently played songs and this returned some reasonable results.
But I cannot see any populated carts.

I am currently trying to install Playout on the same machine as the SQL server.

Currently I start Playout and it tries to connect to the database (currently located on the same machine) and gives an error that it cannot create one because one already exists.
My basic approach was to install SQL Express, restore the 4 databases from the current SQL server, create an SQL account for Myriad.
Then I installed Playout but was originally logging into the database using a windows login (which was admin on the machine and in SQL).
My switch to trying to connecting to the database using the SQL Myriad account resulted in the current failure (I doubt I am using the same password for this version of Myriad SQL login as that on the current setup).

I have read quite a few of the documents on moving servers, installing Playout (and note suggestions to install Autotrack before Playout) but obviously have not got my head around what is going on and how things should be set up. I have a feeling that it is something to do with Myriad logins and profiles. I see within the existing Myriad directory a Directories (?) folder with login names and a small mdb file but I suspect these are left overs from V3 since I have read somewhere that these were moved into the main database in V4?

My next step is to remove the Myriad applications and the databases (but keep the SQL Myriad account) and re-install Playout against the empty SQL instance. Then restore the databases. It is not clear to me what (apart from Audio) I need to carry over from the existing pSquared\Myriad directory on the current SQL server. But I only wish to carry over the essentials since this is a tidying up exercise not just a get it working exercise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Peter Sutton, IT Support at Takeover Radio (Leicester).
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Peter,

I suspect the main culprit might be SQL Security.

As a test, go into Sql Management Studio and under security, change the Myriad user to have full SysAdmin priveledges - I suspect that that user can't "see" the databases you've restored maybe.

If not, then come back and lets see what else we can find out! 

Of course, if you're in a support contract then if you drop a support@broadcastradio.com a note then we are able to remote on and help directly.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

PeterESutton
PeterESutton
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)Forum Sage (2.8K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:24:46 PM
Hi Peter,

I suspect the main culprit might be SQL Security.

As a test, go into Sql Management Studio and under security, change the Myriad user to have full SysAdmin priveledges - I suspect that that user can't "see" the databases you've restored maybe.

If not, then come back and lets see what else we can find out! 

Of course, if you're in a support contract then if you drop a support@broadcastradio.com a note then we are able to remote on and help directly.

Peter,
Thanks. Yes - making the local Myriad login sysadmin solved the initial database access problem and I matched the other db settings (which on this restore I had forgotten to do). So now I am back to the behaviour noticed when I was using the windows login account. Within Playout I can see the library but I have no populated carts. When logged in to Playout using one of the standard logins I do not see what can be seen when logged in on the live system. Now I must admit that the User files in Directory were not copied over at the same time as the databases so perhaps the data stored in there is no longer valid. So next I will try and ensure these are back in sync (copying the audio directory will take a bit longer). Is the user's cart information actually stored in the Directory folder or in a database?
Thanks for your help,
Peter
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi Peter,
Are these InstantCarts or Carts on the Audio Wall that you are looking at?

If its instant carts, then yes, these are stored in the "Users" folder called something like "personal.ic3" so will need copying over.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

PeterESutton
PeterESutton
Forum Sage

Peter,
Neither InstantCarts or Carts on the Audiowall are visible.
I understand that InstantCart info is stored in the ic3 files so can understand why these may be wrong (and therefore not be displayed).
Where is the Audiowall cart information stored - I may also have failed to copy this over?
Perhaps, now that I understand a bit better how things fit together, it is time simply to re-copy everything that I actually need so everything is in sync.
Thanks,
Peter
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Peter,

there are files called carts**.lst or MYR*****.lst (depending on the mode of the previous system) - you should just copy the entire audiowall folder, rather than just the audio files.

The other option is in Myriad Manager (v3) you could export all of your audio as "Transport Files", then you could re-arrange your audiowall, however you'll have to start your AutoTrack dabase from scratch again.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
PeterESutton
PeterESutton
Forum Sage

David Boulton - Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:45:23 AM
Hi Peter,

there are files called carts**.lst or MYR*****.lst (depending on the mode of the previous system) - you should just copy the entire audiowall folder, rather than just the audio files.

The other option is in Myriad Manager (v3) you could export all of your audio as "Transport Files", then you could re-arrange your audiowall, however you'll have to start your AutoTrack dabase from scratch again.

PeterESutton
PeterESutton
Forum Sage

David,

Sorry (I was not clear) I did copy the whole audio folder not just the audio files.

I have read about the autotrack database but not sure where this fits in.
Is this a separate database in addition to the four in SQL (Database3to4, DirectorySQL, Myriad4Data and wordwaves)?
(I am pretty sure the current Myriad install is a V3 upgraded to V4).
I have installed the autotrack application but only did this after Playout.
Apparently the advice is to install autotrack before playout.

I will have another play around and check settings and see what I can find out.
Having gone through this exercise once I am quite happy to redo the whole thing - this is intended to be primarily a learning exercise.

Thanks,

Peter
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Peter,

if you are not seeing the carts on the audiowall then you are not pointing at the correct location in your settings.

The Station database is the scheduling information used by both Myriad and Autotrack to create the Log.
Although a song is on cart 3000 (details in the .lst file) - in Autotrack there is much more information on how to place that item in the log and who to protect against.

If you just copy the complete v3 data onto the new machine, v4 should be able to auto detect and upgrade as it goes, and you should probably run Autotrack first.
If you are not worried about starting again (and its a safe copy of your data) then go to the following:

WARNING THIS WILL RESET YOUR INSTALLATION
Close all applications:
goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\P Squared Shared\Configuration Removal
remove everything apart from your licensing info.
start Autotrack and it should have a hunt around for Myriad data - if it cannot find it, it will then ask you to point at the file locations.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
PeterESutton
PeterESutton
Forum Sage

David,

Thanks it dawned on me earlier today - I remember being shown the cart locations dialogue.
I have just a few minutes ago sorted the carts by correcting the file locations.
So carts are now appearing.

The top entry in this dialogue is 'Data Location' where should this be pointing to?
Currently it is to c:\psquared but there is a c:\psquared\myriad folder aswell.
The current (live) setup points to psquared\myriad but the current setup has things all over the place.

The 'Directory' with user info in (under Files) is sitting in psquared.

There is a 'Users' in the Myriad subdirectory and in psquared but this is empty.is this normal?
Users is not populated on the live system either.

Another question - I am currently running this with no licence just in evaluation mode.
Looks like Autotrack does not have an evaluation mode so I cannot run this up - is this the case?

Thanks for your help - I am beginning to understand how stuff fits together.

Peter 

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search