IRN News & Commands

IRN News & Commands

Author
Danny Rhodes
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All,
I'm new to Myriad. I've searched this forum to find what i'm looking for, but haven't found the answer yet.

What I need to do is have a News Bed fire  at -:59:57 to the hour and then be able to open up the IRN audio switcher via a PCI 1750 Card.

In other playout systems I've put in a 'Hit Marker' before the bed and the system would fire that and then open up the news feed and close at -:02:02 past.

How do I go about this in Myriad? Anything in plain english would be good, as i'm a bit lost!

Thanks in advance.

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
dannyrhodesmedia - Sunday, December 03, 2017 9:54:10 AM
Hi All,
I'm new to Myriad. I've searched this forum to find what i'm looking for, but haven't found the answer yet.

What I need to do is have a News Bed fire  at -:59:57 to the hour and then be able to open up the IRN audio switcher via a PCI 1750 Card.

In other playout systems I've put in a 'Hit Marker' before the bed and the system would fire that and then open up the news feed and close at -:02:02 past.

How do I go about this in Myriad? Anything in plain english would be good, as i'm a bit lost!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Danny,
In Autotrack (our scheduling software) you would put an "Absolute Time" which is an event to wait until this time, or do something at this time.
So if the items before are underrunning, The "Ab Time" will sit and wait and play the bed at the time you specify.
If the hour is overrunning, then evrything before it will be adjusted (subject to rules) to hit that time event.

It would look something like this:
8am Clock:
link
song
Adbreak
Link
Song
Song
Ab Time 59:57:00 [XX (hour where clock is used) mm:ss:hh (mins:secs:hundreths)]
Hardware Line XX Set
-----------------------------------------------
9am