Link Search depth

Link Search depth

Author
hmburg
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Uploads/Images/cf1631c3-4f07-44db-910d-63b3.jpgSorry, me again!  I notice that in global rules, the link category search depth is greyed out, not like the picture on the guide that shows it at 50%.  Could this be why when I attempt to schedule links by type they don't schedule?
Edited
7 Years Ago by hmburg
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,
Category search depth is only used on Songs - with Links (which tend to be much smaller decks) AutoTrack searches the entire deck anyway - effectively the same as setting a 100% search depth - which is why it's greyed out Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

hmburg
hmburg
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)Forum Sage (30K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Friday, November 10, 2017 12:14:31 PM
Hi,
Category search depth is only used on Songs - with Links (which tend to be much smaller decks) AutoTrack searches the entire deck anyway - effectively the same as setting a 100% search depth - which is why it's greyed out Smile

Thanks Peter, Just wondered as I am having a struggle getting links to schedule!  If I enter a type in the clock for a link it doesn't schedule most of the time and tells me the rule "Force Link Type" isn't being met.  I'm sure I have all the global and clock rules set to allow them to run but still getting stuck!
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
My guess is that you'll be getting that Force Link Type report from all the items that were tested for that position but *aren't* the right Type - so even if you look at clock positions that DID schedule fine, you'll actually see that it will have considered many links but rejected a whole load for them being the wrong type.

In Settings, turn on the option to keep a list of all items tried for every position, then in the Log Editor if you highlight an item and click the Tested button it will show you every item considered and the reasons that it was rejected - usually helps track down what is causing fails.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

hmburg
hmburg
Forum Sage

Peter Jarrett - Friday, November 10, 2017 1:25:50 PM
My guess is that you'll be getting that Force Link Type report from all the items that were tested for that position but *aren't* the right Type - so even if you look at clock positions that DID schedule fine, you'll actually see that it will have considered many links but rejected a whole load for them being the wrong type.

In Settings, turn on the option to keep a list of all items tried for every position, then in the Log Editor if you highlight an item and click the Tested button it will show you every item considered and the reasons that it was rejected - usually helps track down what is causing fails.

Peter, thanks for all the guidance!  getting there slowly, getting a rejected message "Link Characteristics Min/Max in a Row" which is a clock rule but I cannot see it anywhere!  How do I find Link Characteristics in the clock rules?

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search