Cannot connect to server from installer

Cannot connect to server from installer

Author
mattauckland
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm finally getting Myriad 4 installed on our systems here at Voice FM, and after spending a good long time getting SQL Server 2012 installed on our Windows Server 2012 R2 box, with help from your YouTube video, and this link which fixed another permissions issue with the Database Engine Services https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4526/sql-server-install-error-wait-on-the-database-engine-recovery-handle-failed/

However, the Myriad v4 installer still can't reach the server, even though the Windows Data Link tool can connect to it, no problem. See images below.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I've disabled Firewall on both the server, and local workstation which made no difference, and all the required resources for the database to be accessed remotely over network, as mentioned in the video has been done.
Problem
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

Hi - make sure you have SQL native client installed on the machine you are trying to access it from.

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
mattauckland
mattauckland
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Thank you sir, that fixed it. I also had to map the servers network drive, as the installer was complaining that it couldn’t create folders. But the current Playout software uses mapped drives, so that’s no problem.

All I need now is my station manager to pay out for a good gigabit switch, 100’s aren’t cutting it anymore lol
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

Great news. Gigabit certainly sped up opening big files into SmoothEdit for me.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
mattauckland
mattauckland
Forum Sage

True, with the current 100Mbps network doing a server back up over LAN kills the output from the Playout system. Just not enough bandwidth on the network.

Did a 1Gbps upgrade to another local station, and it made all the differents there, although I built a custom Windows 2012 server there, whereas Voice FM is using a HP Microserver Gen 8. Good boxes, but not as much processing power and RAM as the custom builds I do.

Mind you I’ve built 8 U quad processor servers before, but I don’t think community radio stations can afford those. lol
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search