Losing Overrun-A-Fade

Losing Overrun-A-Fade

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We had a problem this morning where Myriad was playing programmes but very late.  When I looked, there was no overrun time displayed and overnight, the hours had not faded short so by the morning, everything was about half an hour behind. 

I had to close Myriad playout completely and restart and it looks fine now.

What would cause this to happen?  It is the second time it has happened in the last few months. 

The last live show finished at 9pm last night. 

Neil

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,

do you use OCP as your station controller? If it looses connection with OCP then Myriad switches back into Preview Mode, in which case their is NO Autofade mode.

This is because there is no indication of which studio is "on-air", Myriad doesn't let the current hour edited by any terminal other than the "on-air" one. This is a safety feature so that if you were in St1 with control and someone messing about / practising in St2 couldn't remove or change the order of items you have already said are coming up.

In v4 if only one terminal ever goes "on-air" then you can have a local OCP connection, and switch off "on-air control".

Other things to check are:
Is the hour actually in AUTO mode rather than AutoFade? In Auto it will play the entire contents before moving onto the next hour - is this a different clock to the ones that work correctly?
has someone SegEdit'd every item? If so then the human "wins" and it will play everything as the human wanted, unable to fade and drop items. (the timings will be in RED)
has the clock in Autotrack got positions that are forced as "non droppable" & "non fadeable" - again this will restrict what Myriad can do.
has someone manually forced log positions to be "non droppable" & "non fadeable" by right clicking over the log item?

you could put Myriad into Debug mode, this will show what is happening at those times, however due to the level of reporting it will slow the response down and can create large files on the C:\ drive very quickly.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

I suspect it was probably losing connection with OCP.  There was no over run time showing at all, and no voicetracking or anything to interfere - just non stop music overnight.  Later in the day Myriad did hang and I restarted the server to be on the safe side.  That may or may not have been related. 

The other annoying thing, the first person who came in in the morning said he'd found us "off air" and just pressed Go without looking at WHAT had happened or WHY we were off the air.  I suspect we weren't it was just doing a news bulletin at a non news time or something!  All's been fine since though as far as I know.

Neil

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I've had this happen with our automation machines that don't use OCP and run 24/7 in "assume you are always on air" mode.  Restarting Myriad fixes it.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

So yesterday, our 24 port network hub failed.  I am now wondering if the losing connection to OCP and subsequent hanging later int he day and one or two other seemingly minor network issues we have had in the last few weeks were a sign that all was not well with it!

Neil

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
That would certainly be a good bet!

Let us know how you get on :-)

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address: