Sending TCP from OCP

Sending TCP from OCP

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We currently broadcast a video stream of some of our live radio shows and I would like to add “Now Playing” captions on screen. Our video software is VidBlaster 4 and I have set up the TCP server which is working correctly as I can successfully display TEXT information onscreen by sending a TCP string using a terminal emulator such as Putty.  I am now trying to send the “Now Playing” information via OCP+. I have configured an IP/RS232 connection on OCP to send:

apiwrite overlay 1,text, [(<OCP_NOW_ITEMTYPE>=Song) <OCP_NOW_ARTISTNAME_1> - <OCP_NOW_ITEMTITLE>]

The VidBlaster TCP server indicates that it is connecting since a red indicator is displayed each time but no text information is being received. To simplify things I have also tried sending exactly the same string that works on Putty which is:

apiwrite overlay 1,text, HELLO WORLD

….but this doesn’t work either. I’m sure it’s just a simple syntax issue but I’m running out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio

HI Gavin,

First thought - and it's usually the case because it's easy to miss - is did you remember to put a carriage return at the end of the text box in OCP? Just put the cursor at the end of the text and hit enter (as you'd expect), then save the Output and try again.

Once you've got it working post a link to a video as it would be great to see in action too!

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Hey Peter,
That was so obvious is embarrassing that I hadn't tried it.....and that's all it was. I knew I was close but not that close!!
Many thanks, you have certainly saved a few grey hairs.
I will certainly post a link when I have made it look nice.
Cheers
Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Don't worry - it's incredibly common, and i've lost track of how many times i've done it too!

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Hi Peter,

I have uploaded a short video here for you to take a look at:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54627354/HHUK%20190816.mp4

I'll leave it up for a few weeks. Let me know what you think.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search