adding timing for a talked section

adding timing for a talked section

Author
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

When adding my talk segments to my pad i current use pause - is there a way of actually putting a time element into these so I get an idea of the total running time of the show?

Thanks
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Wafflingwilson,

The PAD is a very simple playlist tool, designed for production work rather than the main job of live assist programming, that should really be done by the LOG where you can (in v4) place "Reset Time" markers to help you get to specific points in the hour - it also helps with overrun / underrun calculations.

The only way you could do it in the PAD is to create a series of Silent carts of the various duration's that you require - you can create silence within SmoothEdit, this may also help you to talk enough so you don't have to add music ant the last part of the show as an after thought. 

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
wafflingwilson
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
thanks for the information - I have recent purchased AutoTrack which supports your point - i'm certainly moving away from using the pad Smile

Is there a short cut where I can add the RESET time in the LOG?

Also - can you direct me to a tutorial on how to use this function - I am a complete newbie  -sorry

Thanks

Ian
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Ian,

In AutoTrack - when you look at the clock design you can add them from the section on the left by dragging them into the position in the clock you want - then you add the time you'd like it to be reset to.

In Myriad you can right click on the log and "Insert Log Item"> "Reset Time"> add the time you want the timings to be reset to.

I'm not sure there is a tutorial, but basically if you put a reset time in for 15mins, anything before the marker will show you how well you are doing getting there, i.e. overrun / underrun. This is only an advisory to the presenter.
An "Absolute time" allows you to have items backed to finish at a certain time, or items to start at a specific time if "AutoFade" mode. Most often used for IRN News Switching.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums