Advert Manager v4

Advert Manager v4

Author
ArroweSound Hospital Radio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all

Just started using advert manager. Is there any way of setting how many Ads are scheduled into each break?

When I scheduled it pushed in 10 ads into each one???

Cheers all
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
No sorry, there are no max break limits - if you are seeing 10 ads in each break, it means you've requested that number of breaks across your hour, so it's job is just to put every ad play you've asked for across every hour.

E.g. if you've said that during the 15:00 hour you have 10 adverts, and each one must be played 6 times, then thats 60 advert-plays that must be done. if you have 4 breaks then thats 60/4=15 adverts per break.

The actual number in each break will vary depending on clashing rules etc. but thats the gist.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ArroweSound Hospital Radio...
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Hi Peter. Thanks for your help

Can you point me in the direction of where I have asked for 10 adverts in each hour? I didn't set up any clashing rules or category's.

Ideally I wanted 1 advert break in each hour with 2 or 3 ads running upto the news. If that would cause an issue I can adjust the clock and move the ad break further up the hour.

Cheers
Mike
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Mike,
No problem - in Advert Manager, look at the All On Air adverts report - this will show you all the adverts that are valid for the current time - then open each one and check in the grid to see how many times in each hour you've said that advert must be played - so if you have 10 adverts running, and each of them has a 1 in the box for each hour then you are saying each of those adverts must be played each hour, and as you only have a single advert break then all those 10 ads will be played in that break. 

It's because that grid is telling AdManager that it MUST schedule the advert that many times in that hour.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ArroweSound Hospital Radio...
Forum Sage

Got it

Thanks for your help Peter all sorted now. Appreciate the prompt replies

Thanks again
Mike
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....