Searching log

Searching log

Author
Bruce
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

OK - it’s late at night, and maybe I’m missing something obvious?

How can I search forwards through the Myriad log -  the stuff that is scheduled, not the stuff that has already played - for a specific cart number?

I know that I can right-click on the cart and see when it has been played - but that’s not forward-looking? I know that a specific cart has been manually put into our log “somewhere” over the next 7 days, I just want to find it!

Bruce

In charge of wires & stuff

Celtic Music Radio http://www.celticmusicradio.net

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

If it has a song or link card in Autotrack you can open the card and check it's history tab, it'll show previous and future entries for it.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)

Unfortunately this one doesn’t go anywhere near auto track - it’s just a cart that someone has prerecorded, and they claim that they dropped it into the log at the appropriate time, deleting the carts that had already been scheduled at that time. However, the “destination hour” hadn’t been modified, which makes me think that they’ve probably put it in to the wrong hour. i just need to find it :-)

Bruce

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
If you're running Myriad v4, then you can right click on the cart, choose Information>More Information and this will bring up a grid that shows you an X for every hour that the item is scheduled to be played during - whether it was scheduled by AutoTrack or by a human dropping it in - that should help you identify where they dropped it by accident

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage

Hi Peter,

That gives me a retrospective view, showing everywhere that an item has been schedule/played UNTIL NOW - but does not look forward?

Bruce

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)

Hi Bruce, 

Are you using V3 or V4 - and can you post a screenshot along with info on how far ahead you've scheduled?

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage

I have done a little more investigating, and become a little more confused :-)
Using the "more information" grid, I can see forward for a few days, but not to the end of the scheduling. I know that doesn't make much sense, so i'll give an example.

Today is 9 June.
The log is scheduled up to Saturday 18th.
When I look at the grid for one cart, I see previous and future times that the cart has been scheduled - I can see that it is due to be played this coming Saturday - but that view only goes as far as Sun 12th, even though the log has been scheduled up til Sat 18th.
We're running 4.0.24.

Does the schedule grid only show full weeks?

http://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/f11d5a5a-61e4-4cb6-b34b-b1fc.jpg see:

Bruce

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Hi Bruce,

It only shows weeks for whenever this item it scheduled to play - so even though you've scheduled further, it won't show a week because that item isn't scheduled to play after the 11th.

If you manually drop an item into, for example, the 17th, then reopen that window it will "grow" the extra week to show you that new scheduled play as well Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search