News Automation

News Automation

Author
ArroweSound Hospital Radio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all, can anybody please help?

I get my News bulletins imported into Dropbox but the supplier can't rename the files with numbers so that I can get auto importer to update bulletins.

Any ideas on how I can automatically export and rename the said Dropbox files so that auto importer can cart them up automatically. Perhaps some batch file coding or software that will do the job. Anyone else having similar issues?

All help appreciated I'm really stuck here lol :-)

Mike
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Mike,

We do that here on our test boxes to import from RadioNewsHub - we created a simple BAT file that contains:

xcopy "C:\Users\Studio1\Dropbox\NEWS\news.mp3" "\\Server\PSquared\RadioNewsHub\ToImport\35 Latest Radio News Hub News.mp3*" /Y /M

Then we use a window Scheduled Task to run this at 5 to the top of the hour every hour. We then just point AutoImporter at that folder and it imports the file within a minute into cart 35 (because the filename starts with a "35")

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ArroweSound Hospital Radio...
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Hi Peter thank you so much for this help.  For some reason I still can't get it working, am I missing something in the script that was saved as News.bat from Notepad....??

xcopy "C:\Documents and Settings\studio\My Documents\Dropbox\NEWS\news.mp3" "C:\Documents and Settings\studio\Desktop\Scheduler\13NEWS.mp3*" /Y /M

Many thanks
Mike
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Hi Mike,

Is the file appearing in that folder on your desktop at all?
One thing to just check is if "C:\Documents and Settings\studio\My Documents\Dropbox\NEWS\" is definitely the folder dropbox is syncing to?
Also, try putting a space between the 13 and the word news - e.g. "13 News.mp3" 

Let me know if that gets you going Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Forum Sage

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply.  I did try changing the path to xcopy "C:\studio\Dropbox\NEWS\news.mp3" "C:\Documents and Settings\studio\Desktop\Scheduler\13 NEWS.mp3*" /Y /M and that didn't work either. I'm no expert in this field so I'm guessing that the path is wrong.  Having tried both of those paths, when I run the batch file the copied file isn't appearing in the Scheduler folder on the desktop??

Any ideas, I'm sure it's something really obvious and simple that I've missed :-)

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Hmm... Try opening the dropbox folder inside a normal explorer window so you can see the actual incoming news.mp3 file, then in the address bar at the top, right click and choose "copy path" or "copy address as text" and that should give you the exact folder that you need to copy from. If you've got that right, try putting a new line at the end of that bat file with just the word PAUSE and a carriage return at the end.

You can then run that bat file and it will wait for a keypress at the end and then you will be able to see any error messages its throwing.

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Forum Sage

Thanks for your help Peter with your sound advice and knowledge I have got it working. The path was wrong :-) can't thank you enough. Top man
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search