Absolute Time Markers

Absolute Time Markers

Author
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi folks me again,

We're currently looking at doing one of our shows remotely using an audio stream (I know it can be fraught with problems but we think we have most of them covered).
We have a cart with a command attached that launches a media player and loads the playlist file with the stream attached and this seems to load fine every time.

Now for the hard part we tried to set up an absolute time marker and have the cart as the next item in the clock so that just before the hour (approx 15 seconds to the hour) the cart would drop in and it would play. 

Is it possible for the absolute time marker to be set to play a cart at the specific time or do we have to find an alternative solution.

thanks
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

So long as the hour is set to auto-fade then it should hit the time marker by waiting or fading/dropping songs and then launch the stream.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
ArroweSound Hospital Radio...
ArroweSound Hospital Radio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Hi Craig you can set an absolute time marker at any point and Myriad will fire the next cart straight after it. Absolute time markers don't have to be at the top of the hour. The only issue I can see you having is the delay between the stream and the actual time. I'd be interested in the command lines and scripts to get myriad to play a stream though :-)

Hope this helps
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search