RVT V4.0.25 FAULT

RVT V4.0.25 FAULT

Author
John Williamson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Peter
I thought I would test out the latest version v4.0.25 RVS/RVT but after experiencing problems with the following I gave up
When you record links it cuts the end off when it comes to playout.
You get a hiss when recording links 
I think it's the RVT client as I connect to v4.0.25 with my version V4.0.24 RVT and no problems at all
Records link's no problem
And no hiss
So after trying it out, I realised something was not right with version v4.0.25 but v4.0.24 we have no problems at all.
Yes I'm aware its beta but best to let you know so you can check it out before a full release

Just so you are aware we do use VPN for all our users 

John Williamson
Bay Trust Radio
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
HI John,

Can you raise this with tech support - I suspect we'll need to dig further as there shouldn't have been any codec changes in that release Smile We'll need sample files so don't delete any you have!

Cheers,

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

Did you get to the bottom of this as having a station report they are seeing the cut offs at the end of links on .24 also.

regards - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Anorak Jim
Anorak Jim
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)

This might be worth a try as I had this issue and increased the cache size on the RVT client software (the person remotely voice tracking end) it seemed to have resolved this issue (He says touching wood) The other thing we did was to clear the cache at the station end on the remote edit server. Its also better to use the same build number of software at both ends I also have ticked the override level trigger settings option also. I hope this helps as it is so frustrating when everything sounds fine at your end only to find the link ends chopped off at the studio end. 

http://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/014d8c30-47ce-4425-b878-ed0f.jpg

John Williamson
John Williamson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)

Follow up on the issue we had with RVT cutting off the audio after doing a voice link;
1. Make sure that all the audio in Myriad is PCM and not compressed WAV.
2. Make sure that the RVT client is sending the audio in Windows Media Files.
This was carried out on the advice of David Bolton and I can confirm it has solved the issue.
John
Bay Trust Radio
BigDaveB
BigDaveB
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

We've recently upgraded in a hurry to 4.0.26 in the studio and I have Remote VT 4.0.26 installed on my home (Windows 10) machine. I've experienced the above problem where the last second or so of some voicelinks was being dropped so, having read the advice above, I switched the Remote VT client to record in WMA (which is what I think was meant).  Now, it simply crashes when attempting to play a cart.

(Our database is set up for PCM-WAV)

On my Remote VT machine:

Where did I go wrong?  Smile

Big Dave Blackshaw
Seaside Hospital Radio
WORTHNG

Edited
7 Years Ago by BigDaveB
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Hi Dave,

First call is check for any windows updates - we often see issues with the Windows Media Codec if there are pending updates, though on Windows 10 it's a lot harder to avoid updates!

Also, try dropping your bitrate down - 320 is very high, that may be an issue.
Does Windows Media Player run ok on that PC?
Finally, just check in Windows Control Panel>Sound and look at the default Playback Device - check to make sure that it's set to run at 44100 on the last tab - although Myriad does a really good job of dealing with it if it's set wrong, sometimes it still trips us up!

Cheers,

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Hi Dave,

there are some reports of problems with Windows Media Player crashing out on some editions of Windows10 when trying to update it's Media Library.

If you right click over a .wav audio file and try playing it - does WMP crash after 3 or 4 seconds? Try again with a 320kbps WMA file?

Also looking at your screenshots above, your Audio Settings "Rec/Edit Settings" should be set to 44.100 PCM 16bit .wav
So Remote Edit Server is the software where you have the WMA settings, it will then resample the audio back to .wav (rather than a secondary convert to WMA).

On your Remote Voice Tracking (Windows 10) PC make sure that your default Windows recording format is also 44.100 (new installs seem to have this set to 48.000 DVD).

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
BigDaveB
BigDaveB
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

Sorry for the "radio silence" on this for a few months.  I've not had much spare time of late but have now retested Remote VT, after playing with various client settings and it does the same thing: this PC is fully patched, stable as a rock, and no crashes (although I think I had the wrong end of the stick when reading back over various posts in this thread).

So now, the RVT client is set to WAV, with all the sampling rates at 44.1Khz, and the Voice Link is still being chopped off at the end.

Just now, I've changed the RVT Server end to force WMA upload (Settings>Program Settings>Audio):

I will report back in a couple of weeks once I've managed to test this.

Cheers,
Big Dave Blackshaw
Seaside Hospital Radio, WORTHING

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Hi Dave,

thanks for the update - please let us know how you get on.

As a work around (so the station gets the best audio), if you count for 2 seconds before stopping the recording, that should mean only silence is chopped off the end.

Also have a check on the following posts which might be useful:
https://www.facebook.com/BroadcastRadioUK/posts/1696588260645205
https://www.facebook.com/BroadcastRadioUK/posts/1691386237832074

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address: