Playout V4 - any way to modify cart title from script?

Playout V4 - any way to modify cart title from script?

Author
Bruce
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Hi,

Within the myriad macro commands, there are facilities to copy and move carts (the AUDIOWALL COPY NNNN,NNNN command)

Is there an equivalent way to rename a cart - i.e. change the song title field - either from within the macro processor, or some other command line/batch tool?

Bruce

In charge of wires & stuff

Celtic Music Radio http://www.celticmusicradio.net

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Bruce,

I can't think of a way to do it with scripts - but whats the scenario - we may be able to come up with a different way?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)

I have a batch of carts - a couple of hundred - where we need to make a trivial edit to the cart description. Firing up Smoothedit a couple of hundred times is not an enticing prospect....

Bruce

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Hmm... that is a tricky one - If it was the Title or Artist, then you could use the Mass changed in AutoTrack, but the description line doesn't have a mass changer. You could possibly do something by exporting the items as transport files and then using AutoImporter to re-import with a Description Override - though you would probably want to test it a fair bit first!

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage

Thanks,

I may re-visit my original plan and mangle the titles/artists :-)

Bruce

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage

If I knew were this particular data was stored in the sql database, I could approach it from that direction - yes, I know that’s completely unsupported :-)

Any clues?

Bruce

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Sorry, cart descriptions aren't in the DB - the are stored in the LST files for backwards compatibility Sad

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage

which explains why I couldn’t find them :-)

is the .lst file a standard format?

Bruce

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums