Is this the best way to install V4?

Is this the best way to install V4?

Author
hmburg
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just a run through on our  PC situation: 
We have two, the first is running Win 7  and I have installed Microsoft SQL server onto it.   There is only room for one HD but could obviously replace the present one with a bigger one and partition it.    
The second is running Win 7 as well. There is room to add a second HD and it also has a Sata socket on the back so I assume it could run an external sata drive as well.
My tentative thoughts are to use the first machine for the main SQL server and set Myriad on it as the automation machine.
Then install Myriad and Autotrack on the second machine and use this as the studio set up. I know this will mean I can’t use Autotrack while it’s on air but until we can get a third computer I think we are stuck!  I can put a separate drive in this machine for the audiowall. Can I do this or is it better to install the SQL server on the studio machine instead?     Just to complicate things, I also need to use the database from our old V3 system!
��L *
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search