Advantech Issues

Advantech Issues

Author
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Guys (And Gals)

Over the weekend I installed a nice new Advantech PCI-1750 card into a Playout PC for a community radio station that I do some work for (besides my own).

The PC is running Windows 7 64 Bit and although the card is installed using the  DAQNAVI drivers I cannot get it to switch the news using any sort of command, I know its something simple I have missed but cannot think what. 

I can assign commands to lines 1-16 but as it should be an output to a relay box unless I am missing something obvious then I cannot assign any sort of command.

At the moment there's a news opener then a bed which runs while the news is going out then an outro and this cart is what plan to use to fire the news.

has anyone got any suggestions what I'm doing wrong.

thanks 
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

Looks like it is a simple fix.  Lines 1 to 16 are inputs.  You need to use line 17 or higher for outputs.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Recardo
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Hi Craig,

I was trying to insert it into line 17 but cannot figure out how to insert the command, I know its something basic I'm missing but cannot for the life of me think how to do it.

Richard
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Richard,

This may all depend on which version of Myriad you are running.

Although Myriad v3.xx.xx can run on 64bit OS, it is too old to understand about the DAQNAVI driver, therefore Myriad v3 (and earlier cannot communicate with the card).

If this is Myriad v4, then you don't really need to do anything other than label the output, such as IRN, then in the clock have it SET line 17 (i.e. turns on) and CLEAR line 17 (i.e. turns it off) after your ABTime.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums