Automatic Log Features

Automatic Log Features

Author
PeteAppleyard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)Forum Sage (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

Just after a little bit of advice to see if this is possible with Myriad, because I'm sure we're not the only people having some issues...

The first thing...In our autotrack-generated log, if the hour slightly underruns, or massivly overruns, Myriad will often drop (soft delete) a song so we hit the news on time.  This leave two link items together (we schedule one between each song) which sounds a bit silly.  So my question is...is there a way that when Myriad drops a song, it automatically drops the link next to that song too?

And the second thing...we use various bits of dry audio, from sports reports to local news to entertainment updates, which all go through auto-importer with that specific cart being set in autotrack to play in the log regularly.  We're just updating our station sound and I'd like these to be done over a quiet bed with a voiced intro.  It will be far too much work to manually add each bit of dry audio to a bed in Audition or similar, and then put that resulting MP3 through Auto-Importer.  So my question is...Is there a way in Autotrack or Mryiad, to set a cart (the bed) to play, with a second cart (the dry read) firing when the intro ends on the first cart (so both carts are now playing together.  Then when the second cart (dry read) ends, the system also ends the first cart (the bed) and moves on to the next log item (will be a 'bed-out' ident)?

Because the dry reads are always different lengths, any time related log tweaks wouldn't always work.  They would have to work from the 'extro' from the dry cart.

I hope that makes sense.  Thank you very much in advance for any help :-)

Pete
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search