Frequent Myriad Crashes

Frequent Myriad Crashes

Author
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Got a strange problem going on with Myriad at the moment, We've recently upgraded to the latest version and it all seemed rather stable apart from the odd occurance of the RES closing without warning but for the past two days Myriad in the On Air studio stops playback then comes up with the error "There was a problem opening a connection to the contacts table to update Last Login Date information and the error's description was reported as: "ODBC call failed""  

Any ideas what could be causing this error as its beginning to cause us mega problems and I cannot find the root cause.

thanks
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Recardo,
well if it all was working well and then a couple of days ago problems started happening, what happened to the system a couple of days ago?
Did you do any Windows Updates?
Did you add any new machines to the network?
Did you change any hardware in the PC's?
Have you done a check for virus / malware?

The ODBC is part of the database interaction, have you checked that the PC running the SQL Server is happy (look at Windows Event Logs, failing hard drive?)
Check to make sure you don't have mismatched SQL server vs SQL Native Client Versions.
Of course if you have a support contract with us, get in touch with the team, they can tell you how to put Myriad into debug, and we can have a look at the debug files to see if we can spot anything (This is also worth doing on RES, to try to find out why it is exiting, my initial guess is it too loosing connection to its data in some way, again possibly database related)

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Recardo
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi David,

We actually had a power outage during last week and all seemed to come back online fine but it knocked our link transmitter off so we have been on sustaining service.

The hardware and network connections have been unchanged, Windows Updates are done monthly but this started before the latest updates were applied. I've also done a virus check and checked the server logs and both the audio mirror drive and the main disc with the database seem fine. 

We havent updated any of the SQL server versions as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately our support has ended and being a community station it's not in the budget to renew at the moment.

I'm just wondering if the database has maybe got corrupted during the power outage although it seems to run fine for several hours.

thanks

Richard

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search