Import Audio Issue

Import Audio Issue

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have just discovered an issue with importing a large audio file in Myriad, Autotrack and AutoImporter.

One of our syndicated shows is provided as a 3 hour MP3. Normally it imports without an issue but this week it wouldn’t play. The audio would import without any errors but when you looked at the audio in the cart it was empty. At first I thought it might be a corrupted file so I opened it in Adobe Audition and it played fine. I then tried converting it to a WAV file but when I tried to imported it again I got the same issue.

After pulling my hair out I eventually discovered that the file had 20 minutes of silence on the end. I removed the silence and it then imported without an issue.
I have tried this in both v4.23 and v4.24 and get the same issue. If P Squared would like to see the file I would be happy to share it.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search