Capacity exceeded error

Capacity exceeded error

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
One of our presenters tonight reported the following error:

"There was a problem deleting the item from the Station Database Log and the error's description was reported as - "Cannot create new transaction because capacity was exceeded"

It appeared when something was deleted from the playlist.  I have no idea what it refers to or what could be wrong?

Neil

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

I've just logged into the office PC and tried to delete something from the log in Myriad playout and it was fine although of course that PC was not "on air" at the time.  I haven't ventured to log remotely into the on air PC as yet!

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,
because you can alter the database from another terminal, it would indicate something wrong with that particular workstation.
The transactions are the communication between the software and the instructions of what it wants the SQL Server  to do with the database, so it soundslike there is a bottleneck in those communications being received or too many are being sent at once.

How long has Myriad been running on that machine? 
Try restarting Myriad, and see if you can now alter the database.
If that doesn't work, try restarting the whole PC, to try to clear out the instructions from the SQL Native Client to the SQL Server (assuming the server is not stored on the Studio PC).

Also make sure your SQL server has not run out of space for its logfile storage.
Let us know how you get on.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

Another effect of this error was the underrun/over run time disappeared including when the presenters on Thursday left it in automation so it didn’t fade at 11, They didn't tell me that untillate last Thursday evening so it was a late night visit to sort it out.  I stopped and restarted OCP on the server, and rebooted the PC workstation, and that solved it so one of those two worked, I suspect it was actually the closing and re-opening of Myriad which is what I would have told them to start with had they told me about the problem in the first place!  . 

Two weeks ago, we had another problem when Myriad froze and it wouldn’t connect to OCP as it said it was already connected when it was restarted.  On that occasion restarting OCP solved it.  There was one other occasion when it froze as someone was logging in.  Does this point to a problem with the SQL database?  When I looked in the SQL server program for maintenance, there was no option in SQL server Express.  I’m not sure we actually even have a backup at the moment.

Neil

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,
ok well it seems like there might be a couple of things going on at the same time, let's deal with the OCP one first.
If Myriad was just closed, without the "On Air" button being switched off first, OCP may not have been correctly instructed to disconnect from Myriad, therefore it thought there was still an active connection and hence refused when it was restarted. You should always, press the "On Air" button to turn it to "Off Air", you can check if OCP has released the connection by looking at the bottom left on the main OCP window which will show who (if anyone) is connected.

Freezing while logging in, depends if you are using the SQL for the Directory (you can still use the legacy Access Database), if you are using SQL, it is actually a different database underneath, by still managed by the SQL Express top level server, along with the Station Database.
Worth checking the Windows Event logs on the PC running the SQL Express to see if anything is being reported in there.
Inside the SQL Server Management Studio, you can export the Databases, which can be used to move them to a different machine (where you have to mount them into the new SQL Server) - this process can also be set as a schedule task using a batch file, while you are in there you could try and shrink the databases to try and improve performance, or allow it to use more of the system RAM.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums