Myriad v3 aborts random carts

Myriad v3 aborts random carts

Author
aljesk
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All

Running the last updated version of myriad v3Over the last few weeks random carts are being ejected from the players prior to ending
This happens on files dragged from the wall
Files in a pad (some skipped altogether)
All Audio to he files I've heard are complete (ie full song) when viewed in cool edit

Any ideas?

Regards

Alex

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,
My first thought is where is your audio stored?
If Myriad is unable to get to the files, it will be unable to play them.
Are you storing them on a NAS device? We have seen quite poor performance from some NAS interfaces, and sometimes they just randomly disconnect themselves.. Not a problem if it is a word document or a picture, but when we are streaming the files directly off of the data source, very problematic, this would also explain why when you load the file into Cool Edit, you are loading it completely into memory.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
aljesk
aljesk
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)Forum Sage (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi David

They are stored directly on the PC

I am looking at a network option, of another 'always on PC rather than NAS

Regards

Alex
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Ok, then next thought is the file type, what is the format of the audio?
If you are using a compressed file, Mp2 / WMA etc - is there a pattern to the files that wont play correctly? i.e. are they all the same file type?
Have you changed the Extros? Are you sure that Cool Edit is not altering the Extros?

Are you getting any error messages in the Windows Event viewer?
Have you done a Disk Check, could there be problems accessing the drive?
I assume these files were able to play before and this has only recently started happening, so what if anything changed on the PC before this started? Windows Updates? New Hardware? Installed other software?

Those are just some of the things to check :-)

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums