All Play or No Play

All Play or No Play

Author
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi There,

We have a problem, kind of similar to this post (http://forum.psquared.net/2557/Myriad-35-Vista-SP1(preview)-Carts-Locking), but different

We have two computers with the same setup, Myriad 3.6.6 (I think) same soundcards (Delta 1010) and if you load up more than one cart, you have to press play on all of the carts loaded before any of them will play.

I have been through all of the settings and from what I can see they look the same as the machine in our main studio where this problem does not exist.

Unlike the other thread, I don't think this is driver related, nothing crashes. It's just annoying as it prevents you being able to use the machine usefully.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio

Hi Andy,
first things first :-) check which version of Myriad you are on and make sure they are the same versions.

However what I think is more likely is the age of the Soundcard vs Driver version. From memory the Delta1010 was manufactured for a number of years, they changed the physical chipset and certain drivers worked differently with the different hardware. So you could have identical driver versions, but the card behaving differently. However do check that you have the latest driver for the 1010 and please make sure on the Delta control panel the driver is set for “Independent” operation.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)

Thanks David,
I'll give these a go when I'm next in.

A few months ago I had to change a load of the caps in the 1010 for our main studio, so in the meantime, I plugged Studio 2's 1010 into studio 1's computer, and the problem did not present itself there.

I will double check Software and driver options, I wasn't aware of the "Independent" option, so I shall look out for that too.

Thanks
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

No problem - let us know how you get on. BigGrin

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

For what its worth, we found that the latest version of the Delta driver doesn't always work,
sometimes you can use an older version and it fixes issues.

Depending upon age of Delta etc etc.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton

True, therefore please check the following page first:
http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/drivers-utilities/hardware-drivers.aspx

w00t

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage

I found that the "Independent" option was not ticked when I inspected the driver config last night.

So far, touch wood, it seems to be working perfectly.

Another fault we had with voice tracking on that machine also seems to have rectified itself too, so even better!

Thanks for the advice.

Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio

David Boulton
David Boulton

Hi Andy,

that's great news :-)
In our experience faults rarely fix themselves, but as you have changed something pretty fundamental with the soundcard perhaps they are related??

Let us know how you get on.

Happy to help.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password: