Countdown in V4

Countdown in V4

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was just talking to one of our presenters:
Seems to like V4 but really misses the way the over/underun clock would countdown

I don't often pause Myriad myself, but I do remember if you were under running by a few seconds and put a stop on a cart
you would indeed see the counter counting back up or down so that you could get back to 00:00

Is there a fix for this ??
anyone else noticed this too ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

I'm a little confused as the Overrun / Underrun timer is still on the bottom of the log panel and in operation when you have the log powered up. In fact it was improved to change colour and have a label that says either Overrun or Underrun depending on what state it is in.

It has never worked if the log is powered off or you are using the pad for playout. You can have the Main Clock change to a countdown (only to the top of the hour), just right click over the clock to change it.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

Hi David, Yes, we still have the over run under showing, however it has been pointed out to me that:

When the log is put in stop mode, so that we can play audio from another source, the countdown does not countdown.

It remains at the same time shown until GO is pressed.

I will try this myself tomorrow just to ensure its not a presenter issue.....

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,
just had a sudden thought - the Overrun / Underun has moved to the bottom of the dashboard (the new top section of the log screen), the timing at the bottom of the log is the new "Gap Time", so this shows how much of a gap you need to fill or how much you need to remove - this is not updated on a log item stop, only when the timing recalculates when you press "Go".
The Overrun / Underrun indicator at the bottom of the dashboard works during the stop, If you have turned the dashboard off it now moves to the bottom of the log.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Hi David, Thanks for that, I will investigate tomorrow.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Update: The countdown clock does work and is located at the bottom of the Dashboard,

The presenter in question has been told to look higher !

He was obviously looking at the new bottom Gap times.....

Thanks to all for your help;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....