OCP Social Posting

OCP Social Posting

Author
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Periodically services like Facebook and Twitter like applications that connect to them to re-establish their security credentials. This is perfectly normal and something you do have to keep an eye on.
Sometimes those services change the way applications can interact with them, they can change their access without having to inform 3rd parties and we just have to get on and make our applications work again.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If that's the case could I suggest some notification when that window appears, like an automated email SMTP if that is possible.  Just need to be alerted rather than an end user mentioning that 'Facebook' or 'Twitter' isn't working again.

Many thanks
Shane

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Shane,

sorry that's not something we can do, the whole point is that the application believes it is still connected, the authentication window is created by Facebook or Twitter to re-confirm you are who you say you are, all we do is push information out, we get no confirmation from them that it has been done successfully.

It's worth keeping an eye on the PC that runs your OCP on a regular basis, a weekly check for Windows Updates is a good time for that to happen.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)Forum Sage (86K reputation)

Same issue again, this time no Facebook authentication window.  Twitter is working fine.  Manual and automated log posts not working for Facebook.  I'm investigating further, not sure if this is .NET related as I know I had a load of Windows updates pushed though.

I can logon on to Facebook on the PC OCP is installed on so it's not a cached credential issue.  Where can I find OCP logs?

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Can see some 'Application errors' with 'PSquaredTweeter.exe' Framework V4.0.30319 unhandled exception.  Will try net framework repair first and then a sfc /scannow

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Still can't see why OCP is not posting to Facebook in the log or manually.  Twitter is working fine.  I'll reboot the PC tonight and run some further tests.

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have repaired OCP and rebooted the PC.  I have checked that NET Frameworks are successfully installed and verified.  I can see the P Squared Poster app is connected in Facebook but manual posts and log automated posts are not showiing on the page timeline.  Not sure where the issue is? 

Is anyone else having issues since Thursday posting to Facebook?

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have now contacted Facebook and asked the question how can I authenticate P Squared Poster if the authentication window doesn't reappear.

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Still no luck, can't get the Facebook authentication window to appear.  Twitter is working fine though.  Any ideas?  Logging in to Facebook on the PC where OCP is doesn't make any difference this time.

Edited
9 Years Ago by showbizshane
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have now submitted a support request.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search