Re organising Audio wall

Re organising Audio wall

Author
fm105dcr
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys

I am apart of a community radio trouble is the audio was thrown together in a rush for first broadcast date

Is there any way to mass remove duplicate carts from the audio wall

Secondly what is the easiest way to re organise the audio wall into sections without disrupting playout?

Each cart has been categorised but want sections

Jingles
Adverts
Songs Ect
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, The best way to sort this in my opinion would be to to copy all your audiowall to a new cart location, (you can bulk copy in autotrak) that way you won't disrupt the current broadcasting, move all your songs to a new location, eg cart 5000 onwards, then put them into new categories once you have made them
choose wisely with your category names as you will use them in your clocks

Ours are labelled, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90' 2000's, 2010's

jingles can be labelled, Jingles, sweepers, etc, etc, adverts will go into advert manager as adverts anyway.

Depending upon how many songs you have in the system will determine how long it is going to take you.

Once you have your copied songs in your database and new categories, you can then change your clocks to suit and delete the old songs area using autotrak.

you can select ALL songs in Autotrak and then select your duplicates, as long as they are named the same you'll see them, just delete the ones you don't want in Autotrak.

We started with 5000 songs and that took me almost 1 year to do the intro, outro and hook and notes and pictures etc for each song.

We now have 23000 songs and I make sure every song is edited fully before it goes into our database.

Good luck and keep us all updated on your progress.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums