Autotrack scheduling stuff it shouldn't

Autotrack scheduling stuff it shouldn't

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Since installing version 4 in the summer, everything has been working fine.  AT has been scheduling our single cart per hour syndicated shows absolutely fine after an initial teething problem where it was scheduling the wrong programme.  This was fixed as far as I remember by changing the global rule for the style to be a guide. 

It's all been fine until tonight.

Nothing's changed, but now it's gone back to scheduling incorrect programmes again.  Not only that what it is scheduling is date restricted or hour restricted to not schedule at all - i.e. all red in the restrictions window - yet it seems to be ignoring that and scheduling anyway. 

HAve I missed something obvious?  What could have happened to change this? 

I am somewhat mystified especially at the thought of it scheduling stuff which is totally red in the hour restrictions!

Thanks

Neil

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I think I have worked out that if I schedule all hours rather than just the hours of the external shows, it all works OK, but I am still mystified as to why it scheduled items that were all blocked out in the restrictions.

Neil

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,

simple one to check, have you got the "hour/date Restrictions (song/Link card)" rule enabled in all of the categories where you are picking these items from? In ATv4 Pro you can pick and choose the global rules applied per category, so if you want no rules on a category and for them to rotate perfectly each time they are called for in the clock, you can remove all rules.

If you do have it in, check to see it is set as a rule and not a guide - if it's a guide it will find something from that category to put in that position rather than leaving an unscheduled item.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums