Revamp of station: Multi Monitor Setup, Upgrading Myriad installed PC, Choosing specific start...

Revamp of station: Multi Monitor Setup, Upgrading Myriad installed PC,...

Author
rosswalker
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)Forum Sage (760 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello, A small list of things that I'm unsure of as I go about revitalizing a system installed by myriad in 2008 and somewhat neglected! I am a student at a school whereby the support from the IT has been very limited and one of the reasons why I am using the forum as the method of support vs any support contract of which I am unsure if we even have! - We are using v3.5

So firstly, we have 2 monitors of differing resolutions and sizes, setting these up to work well together is proving challenging and I was wondering if there is anyway that until we get another same size/res monitor, we can disable myriad for 2 screens? or any work around to trick myriad into thinking there is only 1? that way we can use the second monitor for other things in the interim.

Secondly, the radio system which seems most similar to the SR4 fixed studio was installed by myriad sometime in 2008 i believe. I am looking for some information regarding whether who owns the hardware and whether for example it is upgradeable, not just rented from myriad (Before we start adding more ram etc) 

The third problem we are running into is how to cue a song and listen to it before it is broadcast. We think we have discovered how to use the cue system on the mixer however we are unsure if it is possible track through a song (similar to the cdj installed next to the radio system!) to choose a specific place to start the track?

One other problem which is annoying but we don't see any easy fix is due to the way the system has been neglected over the years, the audiowall is in a huge mess with various audio files spread out with very little order. We are looking for advice as to whether there is anyway to organize everything easily. For example, what would be the best method to re-install all the systems (1 live system) with windows 7 (running xp) and keep all the audio (with hooks etc) but then be able to re-import into the audio wall with some order? 

If there are any information you need to answer these questions please let me know! Advice on how we might get a tech from myriad to come out if we need help would be great!

Thanks!

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

For setting it to one monitor you need to add this to the properties of the shortcut on your desktop to Myriad Playout.

/MaxMonitors      | Limits the number of monitors Myriad can use - can be set to '1' or '2'
                        | Example: /MaxMonitors=1
                        |           (This tells Myriad to only use a single monitor)

The Studio Hardware I would imagine was purchased outright however a phone call to P Squared will help you to figure this out.

Cueing a song - normally it is assumed you would start a song from the beginning. You can however right click on the progress bars above the play controls to shuttle through the song and pause it at the right place. Then raise the fader and hit play. It does not work like a CD player in that you jog around and can listen to it and re-cue it to that point.

Another way of doing it could be to use the 'Seg Editor' and drag the start of the item forward but not sure if this works in v3.5

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search