A Couple of Quick Questions About Styles

A Couple of Quick Questions About Styles

Author
Simon Temby
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

We've just upgraded from Myriad 3 to 4. I just recently noticed that Autotrack was ignoring forced styles in our rules eg. we have an "Overnight Suitable" rule for overnights where only songs with an "Overnight Suitable" style can be picked, but songs that aren't overnight suitable are being scheduled.

I've since discovered the "Enable 'Style' Scheduling as a virtual category" option in the database settings, so I assume the way forward is to enable that, go into the rule and tick the Overnight Suitable style, and change the Overnight clock so that all of the songs are scheduling from the "<Styles>" category is this correct?

My second question is, I noticed within the show rules that all of the styles have a 0 against them, which would suggest that songs with any sort of style are being ignored, but that doesn't appear to be the case when I pick a song at random that has been scheduled to see if it has styles, some of them do. Is it the case then that if they are all set to 0, Autotrack can pick from any of them or do I need to go through every rule and set them to something? It doesn't seem to be actively rejecting songs with styles at the moment regardless of them all being set to 0, just not forcing them in when it should.

Thanks,

Simon.

Simon Temby, Programme Controller, Auckland Hospital Radio.
Adam James
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Hello Simon,

An old post I know but interested to know if your issue was resolved as we are experiencing the exact same issue. Any help appreciated otherwise will have to log the issue with Broadcast Radio next week.

Many thanks

Adam
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I was scheduling a multi-part program using collections and virtual styles and it appeared to be out of sync every time it was scheduled even though the show rules and global rules were correct.  ie show1-part1 show3-part2 show3-part1 show1-part2. 

The collection of shows and parts was in order but the scheduling seems to be all over the place.  This was because I had the style name the same as the main category name.  Worth noting as it had taken me several hours to work this one out. 

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search