Want to rename Wav files

Want to rename Wav files

Author
Kevin Branigan
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)Forum Sage (591 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Morning

All of the Wav files in our Myriad audio folder are name as the Cart numbers . EG - MYR00057.

I want to rename these files as 'Artist - Title.wav' and am wondering how can I do this. I thought I could find the artists and title info in the Wav tags but they're not there.

Any suggestions?

Kevin
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Kevin,

Myriad itself needs those files with that filename format so it can find them for playback, so if you were to rename them then you would find they then wouldn't play Smile

If you're after exporting some to another location though, then the best place is to run a Cart Audio Report in Myriad Manager and then you export from there. This will name the files according to the filename format setup in Global Audiowall Settings

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search