Dropping Carts into the log V4

Dropping Carts into the log V4

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have the odd show that is pre-recorded, usually when we are doing upgrades such as V4:

Today I dropped in from the audiowall a 1hr show for tomorrow, using the drop and drag method that I used in V3.

Myriad thinks its a text file and of course will not play it, nor will it allow me to right click at the front and change it to a song.

I had to right click in the log and insert cart to get it to be a song and hopefully play tomorrow.

Possible V4 bug ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

Is that Cart referenced in the AutoTrack database - perhaps as a Link in some way?

Also, what's the Content Type in SmoothEdit set to?

Finally, can you let me know the exact title and artist of the cart - by any chance does it have a full stop in it?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

The cart isnt in the database it was a 56 minute long show, saved as an mp3 which wasnt in the title, but may have been hidden in the background

I'll see if I stil have the exact cart and report back, I usually delete after boradcast but will look incase.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Checked the cart today, it wasnt named with a dot or anything, BUT, I have noticed that the migration from V3 to V4 sets every cart to a no category in myriad
I changed the show to a music category within myriad and it dropped into the log no problem.

Having to now go through everything thats not in a category on the wall so that it will play ok.

ALSO, noted a weird bug with our talkbeds, these again are not in a category in V3, the migration set them to become a sweeper so when you played manually it wouldnt let you stop playing it via the GO button, you had to physically eject it to move on in the log.

All sorted now, as I changed the category to beds ! VIA Autotrak in 1 single move;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums