Myriad + Axia Livewire/SoftwareAuthority PathfinderPC

Myriad + Axia Livewire/SoftwareAuthority PathfinderPC

Author
naxxfish
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm currently looking at an installation where we need to be able to switch Myriad's On Air mode from PathfinderPC (we use Axia for all of our audio routing, so this is the stuff that knows who is really on air - we can't trust our volunteers to always remember to do it properly!).  

If I'm correct in my logic, we should be able to set up a Protocol Translator port for each Myriad instance (on the command port), which Pathfinder will connect to.  

I think, if we send the string:

ONAIR RELEASE
to the machine(s) that are no longer on air, 

ONAIR TAKE 
to the machine that's just going on air, that should manage the transition.  

I wondered whether anyone has done this before, and whether it works or not Smile

Whilst I'm at it, I'd quite like to hook up various other available events to the Axia network.  Does Myriad support GPIO into a Livewire network?  If so, what sort of signals can be exposed?  

It'd be really nice if we could get cart status out of it - since our mixers have GPIO connected into some Axia xNodes, we could make use of fade start and the like.  

Many thanks!
naxxfish
naxxfish
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)Forum Sage (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
*dredge*

Any thoughts?
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,

I think your ONAIR RELEASE and TAKE should do it yes - but ideally try and make sure that you do the RELEASE on the "losing" machine before the TAKE is sent to the new one - even better if you can bung in a second delay, but depending on how you're setup then the taking pc might well just keep retrying until it gets it anyway!

Unfortunately we can't "send" any GPIO events to the AXIA network, but the good news is that we already listen for fader start commands from channels Smile You just need to configure your AXIA driver with the attached GPVIOK file and enable the option in Myriad to allow remote connections via TCP/IP and you should be up and running. (I know it's titled 3.6 but it will work with 4.0 as well Smile )

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Attachments
Myriad36.zip (395 views, 447 bytes)
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search