Running Myriad 3.5.17 from backup files

Running Myriad 3.5.17 from backup files

Author
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I regularly backup (copy) the PSquarded folder on our server to an external drive on another networked PC (not NAS box) using xcopy. If I then change the Data and Audio file locations on a studio PC to point to the external drive, everything runs fine and the drive activity light confirms that the audio is being played from the external drive & not the server. However, if I shut the server down, Myriad (on the studio PC) stops working. The external drive is not connected to the server directly & still shows up in My Computer on the studio PC when the server is not running. What am I doing wrong? I suspect I need to change another file location in Myriad on the studio PC to look at the external drive, but I can't see anything.

Any help gratefully received!

Paul
York HBS
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

I suspect you've missed the P Squared Contacts and Users Directory location Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

You were dead right, runs no problem now.

Thanks

Paul
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search