Change AutoTrack PC

Change AutoTrack PC

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I want to use a different PC for AutoTrack. How do I backup all of the settings and configurations so that I can move them on to the new PC?

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Anyone?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

I think the files are saved in PSquared/Myriad/AUTOTRAK
but try it before you delete autotrak from the first pc in case Im wrong !!

Im not sure if there is an export tab in autotrak either as we run on a network and all our settings are saved on the server,
asier if we move autotrak as the settings stay in the same place.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

rick jones
rick jones
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)

Which Version of AT are you wanting to move?
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

It's version 4.18

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
rick jones
rick jones
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)

I don't want to give you any incorrect information, so you may need to put a support call to PSQUARED towers.

However, last week I decided to check that I had a valid backup of my system (not wanting to risk my working setup) here's what I did.

I liberated my other half's laptop and set about installing SQL on it (point to note, the SQL install advice on this forum is out of date, Microsoft no longer have SQL 2008 Express R2 with tools as a package)

I downloaded SQL 2008 Express R2 SP2 and the management studio as two separate files.

Installed SQL

Installed Management Studio

Copied the 4 SQL Backup files to the new PC, also the audio wall

Used the Management Studio to restore the 4 backup files

Then installed Autotrack.

Pointed Autotrack to the new audiowall folder.

Jobs a gudun!

I guess in your case, care should be taken when installing SQL because its now a network install

Then just point Myriad at the autotrack machine.

if you have not got a backup yet, do a search on the forum for "SQL Express Backup Scheduled Task"

Hope this helps

Rick
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Rick's advice is pretty spot on there!

There is one additional it of good news though - the Advanced tools download is still there, although it has now been upgraded to the SP1 version, but to see it you have to click the Download button, then scroll the popup window down to find it Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Thanks for you suggestions here.

I don't have SQL installed on the AutoTrack PC so I don't need to worry about that for now.

My main concern was how much of the AutoTrack configuration was stored locally and how much was in SQL.

In any case I installed AutoTrack on the new PC, pointed it at the SQL server and bingo, the config was all there.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search