Myriad Keyboard (Tipro) on W7

Myriad Keyboard (Tipro) on W7

Author
kavanagh21
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 

We've just upgraded some of the machines in our studios to Windows 7 machines (Pro) and everything is going fine except for one thing - the Myriad keyboard. The machines we ended up with were Dell Optiplex machines that do not have PS/2 ports (sign of the times?). We purchased a USB to PS/2 adapter, but when we plug the keyboard into that it doesn't seem to work. The connection is in place however, as the lights appear on the keyboard so they are definitely getting power. 

I was wondering if there are any specific drivers that we need to install, or any particular pieces of software that we need to have in place in order to have the keyboards work with our new W7 machines. 

Thanks
Dean

SM, 107.5 Switch Radio
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

We had a simlair issue and had to buy USB powered hubs to put the ps/2-usb converter in to bring the power up.

try borrowing one to see if it works.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

kavanagh21
kavanagh21
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)

Thanks for the idea Paul, but that didn't work. I've also tried plugging it in directly to the machine. 

Don't suppose you've anything we could try? We've currently got another two brand new W7 machines we're waiting to roll out but unless the keyboards are compatible with W7 Pro systems then it's going to be a pain to buy some more!

If it's any help, they have power, but they don't function (i.e. machine detects no keyboard upon startup).

Cheers
Dean
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

We would willing lend you a keyboard to try, but we'd need it back the same day.......

Your probably miles away from us so this wouldn't really be possible.

All I can suggest is that you print a list of keyboard shortcuts for the presenters.

OR send the keyboards back to psquared for testing etc.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (93K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
I think we went through a few PS2 to USB converters before we found one that worked correctly.

Give technical a call and they should be able to point you in the right direction. 

Certainly the keyboards should work with windows 7 as that is our currently shipping platform.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search