News Bed

News Bed

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I’m after a bit of advice.

I am about to schedule hourly news bulletins using AutoTrack but I want a music bed to play underneath the news. Both the bulletin and the news bed will be in separate carts. The news bed will start first as it includes the news jingle and then a few seconds in I want the news to kick in but the bed must continue to play.

My current understanding is that once the news bulletin cart starts the bed will be faded, or will it? If the News bed is a LINK will it continue to play underneath the news cart?

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

for this my recommendation would be to put a timer marker on the news bed, such as INTRO END after the jingle bit at the beginning of the bed, and then run a command using Myriad's Scripting Command Language where you can do all sorts of exciting things.

So Lets call the Command "START NEWS", this wants to be added to the INTRO END marker, so when the audio gets to this point it fires the command.

The design of the command should be something like this:

AUDIOWALL PLAY 4,3001,Sync
Log GO

So what this will do is play cart 3001 in cart player 4, wait until the end of it and then press Log Go to move on from the News Bed to the next item in the log, therefore if the news carts duration changes it wont matter and you should get a nice segue (you could even put a delay in if the news cart is tightly edited to the end).

For more information on the Myriad Commands, see the documentation here: http://www.psquared.net/media/18728/macro_command_reference_v4.0.rtf

There's a lot of cool stuff that can be done with the command language.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Thanks David,

That’s sounds ideal. Unfortunately, being a Myriad novice, I need to know:

1. How do I create a script file? Are they individual text files created in NOTEPAD?
  2. Where are they stored?
  3. How do I assign a command to a INTRO END marker.
The document you referred me to provides the syntax but nothing on the basics.

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)

Hi Gavin,

Sorry for the delay - i'm often out of the office. Here are the answers:

1. Go to your settings menu>Myriad Settings>Edit Commands.
Click on the green plus
Give the command a name and choose the type Macro
Enter in the details into the white space
Press OK

2. They are stored inside the Myriad Settings folder, so they will be accessible by all terminals on your network

3. On the Cart, click to go into SmoothEdit
Choose the "other" Tab where the cart details are stored
on the section where the copyright details are stored, choose the "timing" tab
That is where you can assign a command to a cart or a timing marker
As it says, you can only assign commands to Intro etc when using "Individual List Files", you'll need to see if your audiowall is configured to use them, to change them goto settings menu>Audio Setup>AudioWall Settings (Global)> Other tab.
You will need to tick the second box down.
WARNING - MYRIAD SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING WHEN DOING THIS SETTING CHANGE. This will change your audiowall configuration and will need to be verified, this is an automatic process, but may effect any of your back procedures, as there will be a lot more files generated.
Once you have checked and verified you should go back and TURN OFF master cart list files.

Enjoy!

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Hi David,

Many thanks for this. I have set everything up as suggested but only had limited success. Your method only works the first time it is run. Further tests result in the news cart being skipped and it moves on to the next item in the log but the jingle cart carries on playing so it’s a bit of a mess. If I delete the command macro and then recreate it, it works again, but only once.

I have however found a solution that works. I set the extro point in the jingle cart where I want the News cart to start and that works fine. The jingle carries on playing under the News cart. Both cart are timed to finish at the same time.

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Edited
10 Years Ago by GavinD
David Boulton
David Boulton

Hi Gavin,

glad you got it sorted.

I'll have a look into the command not working as expected, I might have misunderstood what I thought it was going to do.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums