Displaying syndicated show details with OCP

Displaying syndicated show details with OCP

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

I have a number of syndicated shows that I have been loading manually into the cart wall. The Cart details had the Presenter Name and Show Title which is sent to OCP and updated the website. In order to get this to work Ihad to ensure that the content type was set to MUSIC.

I have just started to use the AudioWall Auto-Importer toload the audio into the correct carts. This works well but I have now foundthat, although the cart details are being sent to OCP, the details are notbeing sent to our ShoutCast server which means that our website show the previous cart played for the duration of the show. I have checked that the content type isstill set to MUSIC. Once the syndicated show finishes OCP continues to display the cart details correctly.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Edited
10 Years Ago by GavinD
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

Are those appearing in the Log as "Songs"? I'm assuming you're using the options within OCP to only send when the current (log) item (type) is a Song?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Yes, they are appearing as Songs in the log. That's the strange thing about it. If I load them into the AudioWall manually they are fine but if I use the AudioWall Auto-Importer the details do not get displayed. I can't see any difference in the information being sent. OCP is set to only send song information to our Shoutcast server.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

I have scheduled the syndicated shows using AutoTrack but because the shows are NOT loaded into the database I had to configure them as CARTS in AutoTrack rather than SONGS. If I try and schedule them as SONGS then AutoTrack can’t find them because they are not in the database.

I didn’t want to load the shows into the database because:

1.    They are changed regularly
2.    I didn’t want to risk AutoTrack scheduling them at some time other than when I specified.

Even though I have configured Myriad to send CART information, and OCP is receiving it, it isn't being sent to the ShoutCast server. If I manually change the log item from CART to SONG it works.

Any suggestions?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Edited
10 Years Ago by GavinD
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Hi Gavin,

You could just create placeholder Song Cards for those items and assign the carts to them. If you then put them in the Held Category then they won't get scheduled other than when you force them in the Clock by specifying the Song ID directly in the Clock.

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Thanks Peter,

Could you confirm what you mean by "Song Card"?

Cheers

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Hi Gavin,

If you just create them in the Songs Tab of AutoTrack (clicking New Song) etc. Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Peter,

Not sure if I have done something wrong but AutoTrack will not recognise a song that is in the "Held" Category. If I change it to one of the main categories, such as "A-List" then it can see it, but obviously I don't want to do that!!

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search