Items Get Stuck Between Log Hours

Items Get Stuck Between Log Hours

Author
dean105uk
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
OK - after much adding/dragging/deleting, I now can't replicate the above! Bizarre. Will certainly keep an eye on it. Hopefully someone can tell me I'm not crazy, at least about this issue!

Thanks,
Dean
dean105uk
dean105uk
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been touched on before, but I've been struggling to search for this one!  I'm running 4.0.18 on W7 and up until now have been using the old Access DB back end. 

Being aware that future releases will be SQLServer only, I went ahead and tried a 2008R2 install tonight, following the steps on here. Tada - all lovely, logs imported, everything seemingly happy. Splendid... well, not quite.

A possible "bug" I've noted that I've *NOT* seen when working with file based DBs concerns adding an item to an empty hour at the very end of the log.

Typically, on a show night, I'll add a new empty hour to the end of the log, then drag and drop carts across to. When running against SQLServer here, if I drag and drop a cart between Hour Start and Hour End, it'll go *above* Hour Start, with a garbage time of 48:00:00, for example. That can be repeated, dragging and dropping further items.  I can work around it for now by 'adding an hour with carts', choosing a random one and then the hour behaves as normal... even if that one cart is immediately deleted, leaving just hour start/end, I can happily drag and drop into it.  Blank hours not at the end of the log are completely unaffected.

Has anyone seen this? I guess most folk schedule from Autotrack so perhaps it's a rare find. If it's just an isolated case, I'd love to get it squashed. 

Thought I'd mention it with 4.0.19 coming (so I read in another thread!) just in case there's a bug to kill.

Regards,

Dean
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search