Categories

Categories

Author
RayG
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can I concur with another user's post which asks "......how, I can put a song in more than one category?"

Let's assume categories for each decade I.e. 60's, 70's etc and others for genres I.e. country, classical etc how do we schedule a country show foe example if everything is already listed in a decade category?

Elvis charted twice 40 years apart following his death and the only way to reflect this seems to be to duplicate each song on the Audiowall. On that basis should we duplicate EVERY track because it happened to be a of a particular genre that also charted in one decade or another? Duplication on this magnitude seems such a waste of resources.

Yes we can use Styles and Types etc but the presenter is not able to search these fields so my question is two-fold, is there any way to use a tick-box system similar to that of Styles to indicate multiple Categories OR conversely make the Type/style/gender etc fields searchable by the presenter?
Tags
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

I think you can easily duplicate the cart number for another category, just click copy, there is an option for this, I think you right click the cart number in autotrak via cart browser ?

Haven't done it for a long while, but it is possible to do without creating a physical copy of the cart in the audiowall.

Good Luck !!

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Ray,

Are you on v3 or v4?

In v4 each song card can be in 2 categories at the same time ("Alternate Category") and we also have Era's making it much easier to categorise and search. Don't forget to also turn on allowing users to see Types in the Myriad Playout Library/Database view

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

RayG
RayG
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)Forum Sage (2.6K reputation)

Using V4 and I absolutely agree with your comments and we are using "Alternative Category" but we always seem to reach an impasse when putting new songs in and sometimes two just ain't enough.

At the risk of being pedantic Consider for example "You're the One that I want" from 'Grease'

A Pop song, A 70's song, A no1 song, A track from a musical,

There's four. Ok we can use 2 categories and 1 type to absorb 3 of them but what about the fourth? Let's say we put it in 70's and Pop categories wiih Musical as the Type where do we put No1? Perm these any way you like and you always get the same answer -  the presenter can only search the category field (Type is simply a list). None of the others are visible. I accept we can schedule on any field but we cannot search on them, so let's assume a presenter wants to do No1 songs from the 70's. How do they filter them out? - Can't is the simple answer.

Am I expecting too much or am I really the ONLY person to encounter this issue?
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

We encounter the same issue as we can only, on v3.6.6 have 32 categories and we have used 31 of those.
if there was an endless amount of categories visible in Myriads database this would fix things for us and you.

We have spoke about this on the forum before and always had the same answer. isn't 32 enough ?
answer is always nope ! LOL

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

Correct me if I'm wrong but V4 has 64 categories. 

But I guess that's not the answer you are looking for :-(

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Lol, Thanks for that Craig, we are not yet in a position to afford V4, so are stuck with 32 categories !

but thanks anyway for your input.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

RayG
RayG
Forum Sage

32 would be enough IF we could reference songs in more than one of them. Even if we could have multiple "Secondary Categories" that would do. Sadly even doubling up to 64 in V4 doesn't solve our problems
RayG
RayG
Forum Sage

I actually don't think it's the lack of Categories that's causing the problem it's the fact that four-fifths of the information is hidden from the Presenter. We're trying to make that information visible and the the only way to do that at the moment seems to be to use multiple Categories. If that information (I.e. Type, Gender, Era etc) was visible, and more importantly searchable, the issue of multiple Categories simply wouldn't exist for us.
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

That's a good idea Ray !
I doubt if this would ever be put in place for us using V3, but you maybe lucky on V4.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums