Alternative to Advert Manager

Alternative to Advert Manager

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Does anyone else use anything else instead of P Squared's advert manager?

Has anyone ever tried creating a link category and using that to schedule adverts ?

The idea being, we're mixing some Christmas Campaign adverts in blocks of 4 all in 1 cart, If I had say 5 or 6 blocks and scheduled this using a link rather than ad manager, they would schedule in the clock, but would they randomly pick until they had all been picked and then repeat or would Autotrak possibly schedule the same block before it has picked them all once ??? I would like all clients to have equal plays if possible.

Just a thought and would love to hear your views and assistance if anyone has tried this.
Its only for a few weeks, so I could manually drop them into the log, but thought this may save me time.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

That's actually how we schedule adverts on some of our Managed Services - we have a couple of Link Categories for different Advert Types, then just call that category once or twice an hour as necessary.

Because we have no Rules setup in those categories, each "Advert" rotates round in order so each gets an even number of plays. If we want an advert to come up more often we alter the Throw Depth on that item.

The other great thing about it is that it always ensures at least one advert per break, even if there are only a couple for a given hour/day - with the Advert Scheduler, if there is only 1 advert available for an hour, but 2 ad breaks, one of those breaks will always be empty. With scheduling Ads via Link categories, the same ad will be played in both breaks making sure that AN advert is always played each break.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)

I am going to try this then !!
Advert manager works well, BUT just needs the option of "do not put more than x amount of ads in one block"

Thanks for your help Peter

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

I now have 5 main daytime shows and I need to schedule al our adverts during all these shows.
advert manager only has,A,B,C,D, which allows me to do this for 4 of the 5 shows.

is there anyway I can do this without having to search for another advert scheduler ?

we guarantee our clients a play during each of these shows and it has been ok until we now have this fifth show.

can anyone suggest an alternative software or suggest how ad manager could do this ?

I currently ask ad man to play once in each show eg 7-10am type A in the box and 1 in the A box, this then ensures every advert is scheduled during the "A" slot.
and so on for B,C,D, now I need an E slot !
any suggestions ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

I  have thought of a way of doing this.......

Duplicate every advert in another cart and then I can have 4 more a,b,c,d's as long as i click the do not allow same client etc it should work.
but its a lot of work........any thoughts ?

I could do it like my Christmas campaign, create a category, but that would only schedule 1 advert and I couldn't reschedule when new clients arrived easily.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Can anyone suggest an advert manager that works with Myriad ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

glenfraser
glenfraser
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)Forum Sage (9.1K reputation)

Hi Paul

Have a look at the Natural Software site hXXp://www.nat-soft.com/ and Natural Log....there is an output for Myriad in the log generation... There is also a demo version to play with...  I also see now there is a lite version as well....

Glen
Edited
10 Years Ago by glenfraser
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Thanks Glen.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)

Hi Paul,

We initially used the P Squareds Advert Manager v3.5 but kept finding issues regarding block placements, some often had none while others had the same commercial within the same bock allocation! We then switched over to Natural Log and have never looked back. The software is very simplistic looking with regards to its GUI however is very functional and can even produce invoices should you require them, it would be great to use an all in one package from P Squared but unfortunately Advert Manager still has a long way to go on the development front as it was never meant to be a core program if my memory is correct.

With Natural Log you can easily schedule commercial placements and produce a playout log should your customers require proof of playout scheduling. Also it's very easy to link into Myriads playout software.

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Edited
10 Years Ago by Mark Carney
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Thanks Mark, I will try it even though it looks quite difficult to use !!

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums