Installing OCP V4

Installing OCP V4

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have Myriad V4 and SQLExpress installed on the playout PC (STUDIO2) and it is all working fine. I have also just installed OCP V4 on the same PC and that is working also. The problem I have is that I want to install OCP on a different PC (STUDIO3) but I can't get it to connect to the SQLExpress server. I have followed the SQLExpress installation video and double checked that remote TCP connections are enabled and everything appears to be correct.

To ensure I was entering the correct settings into OCP I copied them from the STUDIO2 PC, which OCP had auto discovered, onto STUDIO3. When I restart OCP I get the following error.....

There was a problem creating the database and the error description was reported as: "Class not registered"

The other problem that I have is that I can't licence OCP until I get past the initial configuration screen so I am running out of lives before it won't run!! Can I somehow licence OCP before I configure it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

Class Not registered usually means that the SQL Native Client hasn't been correcltly installed on your OCP machine - if you search for Native Client on this forum you should find some handy hints on how to get it installed etc.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Thanks Peter,

I'll give that a try later.

Any tips on how I can licence OCP before I configure it. I have been trying so many diferent things that I am almost out of lives and a reinstall doesn't reset them to 30.

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

Once the Instant Evaluation License count expires you will be taken to the License Wizard then you can add in a proper license at that point

Cheers,

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Thanks Peter,

Almost sorted now. I installed the SQL Native Client but that didn't make any difference. I have found that it is due to the configuration of the firewall on the SQL PC. When I turn it off it all works fine. I have tried opening the required port using the batch file that is available on this forum and it appears to create the necessary entries but it doesn't allow OCP to connect.

So at the moment OCP is working but I have to leave the firewall switched off.

Can anyone confirm what the exact settings need to be configured on a Windows Firewall to allow this to work?

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums