Where to install Autotrack

Where to install Autotrack

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have recently purchased single licences of Myriad V4Studio Workstation, AutoTrack Standard and OCP Standard and would like to knowthe best place to install them.

My plan is to install Myriad V4 Studio Workstation, OCP andSQL Express on the Studio playout PC and AutoTrack on another networked PCoutside of the studio. Will this work or does AutoTarck have to be installed onthe playout PC?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Gavin,

that's the ideal way to install it. Therefore you can use AutoTrack for loading new audio and some admin tasks while the playout PC is busy doing just that.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

Very similar to how we do it.  Each studio has 2 machines, Playout & "Tools" with Autotrack, Adobe Audition and internet access etc on tools.  In the racks we have another machine that runs OCP, Auto Importer and the RVT server.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Thanks Guys,

Hadn't thought about putting OCP on a machine other than the playout PC. I might try that as I want to keep the playout PC as lean as possible.

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums