Log Keeps Stopping

Log Keeps Stopping

Author
richdenman
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

We are running Playout v4 on an Automation server that runs continuously in the background so that when live shows are finished they can hand back to the automated playout. It runs a log, on air in autofade mode but lately we have been having a lot of problems with the log just stopping.

I have engineered an automatic fix to restart Playout but whilst this resolves the issue we still have to have one min of dead air before it the process starts and then another couple of minutes for the PC to restart and Playout to kick in again resulting in almost 3 min of dead air. I am not sure what is cause the log to stop but I want to understand and fix the route cause of the issue. Is there a log of actions anywhere that will help to identify what is going on and what is causing the log to stop?

Thanks for your help

Rich

Chief Engineer @ Hospital Radio - Novice with Myriad
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)

I would look at the tasks the machine is doing alongside running Myriad for any automated processes. So the system/software logs in Control Panel.

I had a station where it was doing some sort of 'phone-home' for a piece of software. P Squared may also suggest putting some extra debugging on so the logs can be captured.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
richdenman
richdenman
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I have modified the batch script that is triggering the restart so that it dumps the running processes to a logfile. I can then use this to look for additional processes that could be causing a problem. It doesn't always seem to be that the playout software is hanging. in some cases it is just simply stopping.

Cheers

Rich

Chief Engineer @ Hospital Radio - Novice with Myriad
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

What we do at Radio Royal is have auto track push out 2 copies of the log to 2 different playout databases.

The main one is used in the studio, the second is used in automation.  That way if you make changes to the database such as change hours to live and put stop marks in it the automation database will not update to reflect any changes made in the studio by the presenters.

Not sure if that could be causing your problems, but if myriad is just stopping for no reason without crashing, have a look at the log.  Is it in live mode at a song with a stop marker...

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search