Categories & content

Categories & content

Author
macp
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good morning
  • Are there categories & content type already setup in Myriad or do they have to be entered ?
  • There are hundreds if not thousands of songs on our database which I suspect will need setting up. A massive job unless it can be done quickly en masse ?  
I have been watching the Youtube vids and reading the user guide but as yet not discovered anything that helps unfortunately. As always I am very grateful for any help.
Edited
11 Years Ago by macp
macp
macp
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)Forum Sage (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Strange ??

I posted quite a bit more text yet its missing from my post so here it is again.

Good morning

Sorry for the long winded post but I am a newbie on v3.6 trying to setup the system to run better. Currently it is not setup with categories or content so programming is a real chore. I am trying to find out how I can improve things and its obvious to me even as a newbie that setting up cats & content should improve things immeasurably. Currently we are using three or four tabs which we click on and drag music onto the log. The station owner is worried my suggestion would mean too many tabs ?
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hello,

The quickest way to do this in Myriad standard is to use the Myriad Manager to view all the Carts in the song range. Then hold down the <CTRL> key and click on all the Carts in a range that you want to categories into a Song Category. Once you have selected all the 'pop' songs for example, click on the Mass Edit button (looks like a wave form) and select Change Category / Type. You can now select Song and 'Pop' Category. When we do this we tend to do it in smaller blocks to make it easier so maybe start with 200 Carts, classify them then move on to the next 200. To make life easier you could also limit the initial Audio Report to show Carts that do not have Type / Category set. That way you can refresh the search after each operation so that only the remaining unclassified Carts are left.

If you have AutoTrack Pro then you can also use the Mass Changer in ATP or the Song / Link Reorganiser tool.

Hope this helps a bit.

http://forum.psquared.net/Uploads/Images/23105bbb-1008-4ea1-967e-07ff.png

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....