setting up new user with vt

setting up new user with vt

Author
AndrewF
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I'm trying to set up a new user with the capability of assigning a batch of cuts for voice tracking.

I've managed to set the user to write to eg 500-599 - however, our station database setting for voice tracking is between 9601-9899.  Is there anyway that this new user can only voice track within his/her allotted cut range?

Any help will be gratefully received!

Thanks

Andrew
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

Nope, I don't think so, you need to give that user permissions to write to between carts 9601-9899.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

With Paul on this one.  Don't think it's possible to do that.  Any reason why they need a separate cart range?

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

I've set our users up all with the same write range 32000-33000.  This is more than plenty for our use and if there is an empty cart it will be fillerd by a voice track.  Not sure why you'd want seperate areas for each member unless you are using the voice tracks as pre-records than can be used again?
AndrewF
AndrewF
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)Forum Sage (1.3K reputation)

Thanks guys!

I thought as much, but thought I'd ask anyway...  I wanted to give certain users their own v/t cart range to administer - some of our voice tracked programmes are repeated throughout the week.  

I'll just keep it as it is....

Thanks again.
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I found the easiest way to repeat a show was pull a "clean" copy from the logger.  In our case we have Powerlog although you could use anything, our is configured with a TX feed and a studio clean feed (news is mixed in downstream of the studio on the transmission router), it's the clean feed we extract from as it has no news etc mixed in. 

We ended up buying the extension that can automate audio extraction using scripts.  Works ace with Auto Importer :-)

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Edited
11 Years Ago by Craig Arthur
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....