Moving File Locations

Moving File Locations

Author
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I am contemplating bunging another hard disc into one of our computers to spread the load a little with where the wav files are stored.

I've seen that you can set cart ranges to save to specific locations.

Is it simply the case that I copy the appropriate files to the new drive in Windows Explorer, and then change the File Locations in Myriad to point to the new drive, or is there a more complicated process to moving files to different drives?

Thanks
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Andy,

Exactly- you will need to move the MYR?????.wav files, but also the appropriate Carts?.lst file - so Carts 1 to 1000 are stored in Carts1.lst, carts 1001 to 2000 are stored in Carts2.lst.

The exception is that all carts from 10001 upwards are stored in the single Carts11.lst file - there is another mode in Myriad v4 where you can run in that splits this section into 10,000 cart slots, but I'm not aware of too many people using this mode

As with all these things, make a backup first BigGrin

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)Forum Sage (8.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Many thanks Peter,
I copied them over with no hassle earlier.
Should I remove Carts11.lst from the old drive location? Or does it do no harm leaving it there.
Thanks
Andy

Chief Engineer
Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)Forum Sage (525K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Andy,

There's no harm leaving them there - my personal preference is always to have only the files that should be in each folder there, as it means when you look next year (having forgotten exactly what ended up where) then there is no chance of confusion Smile

My usual trick is to create a folder called "Archive" and dump any spare stuff in there so it's out of the way - that way if you've moved something critical then you can always move it back.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search